NVC Workshop: Fundraising
February 23; 5:30pm @ Idea Forge (CU-Boulder Fleming Building) Project Learning Room 33
- The evening will begin with an introduction and discussion on financing and fundraising options for startups. Kirk Holland, managing director of Access Venture Partners will provide the investors perspective; Justin Custer, CEO and Founder at Chatlingual will provide the entrepreneurs perspective. Food and networking will follow the workshop.
- This event is great for anyone who wants to know more about how to move their business forward from student startup to funded company. The discussion will review various forms of funding from angel and venture capital, to bootstrapping, and friends and family.
- Parking is free after 5:00pm in Lot 470 outside of the Fleming Building!!!
CU New Venture Challenge
REGISTER YOUR TEAM TO GET PLUGGED IN TO NVC MENTORS AND PROGRAMMING
NVC Teams, Businesses, and Individuals with ideas sign up here!!! to get info on the NVC season and get invited to NVC events.
Individuals looking to find a team or to participate in other ways sign up here!!! You will also be invited to NVC events.
Welcome to the NVC
The New Venture Challenge is CU’s cross-campus entrepreneurship championships.
It is an entrepreneurial flight simulator, giving folks in the CU community a chance to explore starting a business while learning about the process through events, workshops, and mentors.
Spend the fall working on your idea, and building your team. Check out the weekly Ideas Launcher (formerly nLab) co-working sessions at Spark and many of the On Campus Events to work on your ideas and learn more about entrepreneurship. The competition culminates in April with the NVC Finals.
What is it?
- Workshops Structured for “new venture” rookies and pros alike. A series of workshops and entrepreneurial crash courses on how to identify, analyze, and act upon any new venture ideas.
- Mentorship each team that participates in the NVC gets a mentor from the Boulder/Denver business community. Check out our rock star mentors on our Mentors page.
- Competition A unique venue to “pitch” your idea to actual entrepreneurs and investors while competing for a cash prize. A great way to gain exposure!
- Fun! CU-NVC emphasizes the creativity, risk-taking, and innovation inherent in entrepreneurship and is guaranteed to be fun, eclectic, and educational. Video from last year can be found here!